Mobile Smart Pro
The top theme switching mobile toolkit that allows you to manage your mobile-specific content and URLs for your WordPress site.
MOBILE-SPECIFIC MENUS, MOBILE HOME PAGE, DISABLE PLUGINS ON MOBILE DEVICES, DISABLE WIDGETS ON MOBILE/TABLET/DESKTOP, DOMAIN SWITCHING, AND MOBILE-SPECIFIC VERSIONS OF PAGES
Mobile Smart Pro offers all the features of the free Mobile Smart plugin including:
1. Mobile Device Detection: high quality mobile device detection
2. Theme Switching: switch to a mobile theme of your choice when a mobile device views your site
3. Footer Switcher: allow user to switch between mobile and desktop version (template tag or widget)
4. Tablet Mode: enable/disable switch for tablets such as the iPad and Android tablets.
5. plus developer features like template tags to allow developer to customise your theme to different devices, and a boilerplate ‘unstyled’ theme.
In addition, Mobile Smart Pro includes the following premium features:
6. Domain switching: redirect users to m.yoursite.com and/or switch theme when user arrives at m.yoursite.com (requires you to change some DNS and web hosting settings). Another option allows you to only switch themes when on the mobile domain.
7. Mobile Pages: mobile-specific rich text content on the same edit screen as your main content (works for all post types), and mobile excerpts for post types which support excerpts.
8. Mobile Menus: set up mobile-specific menus for simpler navigation, and map your desktop theme menu locations to your mobile theme menu locations.
9.Mobile Home Page: set a different page to be your mobile home page, when you
10. Mobile Plugins: disable specific plugins when a user views your site on a mobile device. E.g. disable caching plugins, or disable plugins that may slow your theme down.
11. Mobile Widgets: disable selected widgets when a user views your site on a mobile device / tablet / desktop through a checkbox on the widget in a sidebar slot on the Appearances -> Widgets page.
12. Mobile Shortcodes:
is_mobile: [is_mobile]some mobile-only content[/is_mobile]
is_tablet: [is_tablet]some tablet-only content[/is_tablet]
is_desktop: [is_desktop]some desktop-only content[/is_desktop]
13. Test mode Append ?testmobile=true to your URL before theme switching is enabled, to test the mobile site before enabling switching for all users.
14. Multisite compatible The plugin will show the current allowed themes for each multisite subsite.
Google SEO Compatible
Mobile Smart Pro is compatible with Google Webmasters and Google indexing rules to prevent duplicate content or SEO cloaking. Note: The mobile version of the site is marked as rel=”alternate”, the desktop version of the site is marked as rel=”content”, when you have mobile domain switching set.
The plugin also sends the HTTP Vary: User Agent header by default (option to disable) which is recommended by Google as best practice to inform the Googlebot-mobile to perform a second crawl as a mobile device. Note that this tends not to work well with caching plugins.